Amazon Banner

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

White ain't right, at least for starches and sugars

I recently have cleaned my diet up significantly, as I posted about last week.  I really am much closer to my advocated "God's Diet Plan"-as in eating things as close to the way God made them as possible.  While I've always known this, it's so easy to get caught in the fast food/convenience trap like anyone.  One thing I've always enjoyed is bread-white bread, sourdough bread, dark loaf bread, toast, toast tartar, by itself, as part of a sandwich, you name it I like it.  I also like potatoes and rice-so pretty much all your white starches.  While I don't add a lot of sugar to my coffee and almost never drink full calorie soda, I did use some raw sugar in my Starbucks coffee and drink one to two diet sodas a day.  All that is gone too.

It's been a bit tough, and I have to admit having probably the equivalent of one serving of bread a day but that's it.  I haven't added any sugar to any food, and tried to eat natural foods without added sugars in processing.  Also, I have had almost no diet soda in a week.  The end result?  Consistent energy levels except for some fatigue after not sleeping well for two nights, full recovery from the lingering cold, and I've lost over ten pounds-not all this week but over the past few weeks.

So clean those diets up!  Eat it naturally and close to the way God made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment