Amazon Banner

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Planks

Just a quick update to capture a recipe I made last night-Sweet Potato Planks.  I had a couple of sweet potatoes in the pantry and I have been wanting to try making sweet potato planks, so I looked up a few recipes and gave it a shot.  I need to do better cutting consistent pieces, but the seasoning worked pretty well, and for softer planks, 350 for 30 minutes worked.  I may try broiling them for 3 minutes a side (recommended on one site) next time.

Basically all you do is cut sweet potatoes into either "planks" 1/3-1/2 inch thick or equally thick "discs", place in a large bowl, and add 3 tablespoons olive oil.  (this is actually a bit much-lots left in bowl and on baking sheet).  I added freshly ground sea salt, black pepper and some Italian Seasoning.  I then laid the sweet potatoes out on a baking sheet and put in oven.  Took them out half an hour later and ate a bumch but still have leftovers from two potatoes.  I'm guessing two to three servings per average to large sweet potato.  Or less if you eat sweet potatoes like I do!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment