Amazon Banner

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Two-fer today, and witnessed an impressive deadlift Pr

One of the base gyms I frequent is going through a renovation and at first I thought it was closed.  Actually it has been relocated, and is now crammed into 1/2 the basketball court.  When I got there, a sailor already had an "eight pack" (405 pounds) loaded on the bar from the squat rack.  So I warmed up and asked to work in when he got to a decent weight.  YEAH RIGHT!  I went right to overhead presses but still kept an eye out for his lifts.  While a bit younger, he was moving 405 pretty easily at a bodyweight around 210.  Then he added 2 more 45s.  Quick math-getting close to 500 here, which isn't too common especially on that base.   He adds the 5 pounds to even it up and makes the lift!

So while I'm happy with how my workout went, still got a way to go.  The two-fer is related to the remodel-since the locker room is closed, the base pool locker room is doing double duty.  I haven't swum laps in too long, so I decided to swim a quarter mile.  Wow-I am out of shape'for swimming!  To think I averaged about 2 miles a week for years is humbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment