Amazon Banner

Friday, May 11, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things

After taking a couple of weeks off, and some lighter workouts last week, this week I started another rotation of Stronglifts 5x5.  I dropped the poundages, but between starting lifting again and a whole slew of medical/dental work, I am sore!  It's a good sore, and I'm ready to get back in the gym tomorrow for workout "B" (squats, presses, and 1x5 deadlifts).  It will be good to see how presses and DLs go-I was pretty close to grip failure on DLs but have dropped about one-third in weight, and presses are heading back up close to my traditional stall area.

Guess what else I did this evening?  I went for a run-walk, my first in a long time.  Don't tell anyone!  Running is probably my least favorite aerobic exercise, but makes the most difference when time or equipment (like a pool) is limited.  I'm sure I looked bad but fortunately after a few minutes things started coming back.  Still the slowest Navy diver ever!

Have a good and active weekend-

No comments:

Post a Comment