Amazon Banner

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Time to start running again

Well, it has happened-the inevitable aging where calories start liking me a lot more and hanging around my middle!  I'd like to think I could just adjust portions and condiment choices like in the past and drop the slight paunch that has developed, but that's not working.

While I need to be working out more in general, too much evidence points to running as well as weightlifting/calisthenics being the best combination to lose weight for those capable of running.

So it's time to start running again.

But despite the "encouragement" of a good friend and a cousin who love half-marathons, I'm probably not getting back into that.  Looking at building up to two to three fairly high intensity runs a week then seeing how the "mirror test" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment