Amazon Banner

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wow have I gotten even slower and out of shape at running!

In a perfect example of use it or lose it, my running ability is even worse than ever, which is saying a lot!  Once teased at Dive and EOD School that I needed a LoJack so my buddies could find me after they ran off as I slowed to a crawl, I have never been fast.  But after not running much at all for almost 3 years I went out tonight for a run.

Using a modified Jeff Galloway method of running for 2 minutes then walking 1, I went for 20 minutes and covered a whopping 1.55 miles.  Even as the slowest officer to ever graduate Dive School, I used to be twice that fast!  Sure that was 20 years ago but that is horribly slow.

Time to stick with this and run at least twice a week and do other intense cardio and weight lifting more too!

No comments:

Post a Comment