Amazon Banner

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Presidential Fitness Challenge log

I almost completely forget that a good friend I worked with in Afghanistan had been working on his gold Presidential Fitness Challenge Award, so we all signed up.  I hadn't logged any workouts in over a year and have been a pretty big slug since getting back from Afghanistan.  Sure I've worked out here and there, but nowhere near as consistently as I should be.

So last night I found my old screen name and log in and went to the website.  Once logged in, I tried to remember recent workouts and noticed you can only go back 2 months.  But that's ok, because you can get points for work-outs, but also things like walking around, yard work, and "hauling and lifting".  Considering I helped two people move in the past two months, that was definitely some hauling and lifting!

Still got a long way to go to Bronze, the first award at 40,000 points and Gold at 160,000.  I only have just over 10,000 points, but the good news is that's in only a few months of logging work-outs and activity.  If I consistently log what I do, and work out a little more consistently I hope to get between 800-1000 points a week.  Do I have time and the discipline to get the 1,000,000 point Platinum award?

We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Wally (Stephen Seibel)August 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

    About 2 years ago I bought a fitbit. It is a great pedometer. I have found 10,000 step per day is the sweet spot for weight maintanence. However, in 100 plus degrees (Texas) I haven't been able to do half that. Keep up the good work John!

    ReplyDelete