Amazon Banner

Thursday, August 29, 2013

More on the Presidential Fitness Champions Challenge

Just a couple of quick points.  Last night while looking at the results for the 2013 Platinum Champions list (1,000,000 points-wow!) I saw a name that looked familiar but wasn't who I was looking for.  Off to FaceBook and sure enough, it was a FB friend who is a powerlifting Lutheran pastor!  So I shot him a quick post and yes, he's now on his way to a second million point award.

And that leads to my second point.  As you can see by looking at the various "exercises" that you can earn points doing here there are some weird events.  Since I can juggle, I've logged a few minutes juggling when I tried teaching some co-workers that important skill, but exercise?  How come "snowmobiling" is an approved activity, as is moto-cross riding but not regular motorcycle riding?  The only logic I can think of for "skydiving" applying as exercise-1 step, then falling, then a few seconds of pulling your chute in so you don't get dragged away on the ground or in the water-the sheer terror factor, could apply the way some of us ride!  Yes I am a motorcyclist with a blog and am a little biased but some of the exercise choices are truly bizarre.

Enough for that rant, and I am one-third the way to bronze and about 1.4% to Platinum!

No comments:

Post a Comment