Amazon Banner

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Visiting one of my favorite gyms while on the road

My job requires travel to multiple bases throughout the year.  One of the bases we go to regularly is Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington.  As a large joint base, it has lots of gyms.  I found one during a trip up here about a year ago that doesn't look like much from the outside, but that is a wrong assessment.

Like most military fitness centers it has lots and lots of aerobic gear.  But then it gets good.  Adjacent to that is a free weight room as big as most I've ever seen on a base.  Plus some of the other normal stuff-pool, stretching/yoga class area, but then the clincher:  About a 1500 sguare foot crossfit/functional fitness/powerlifting area.  I've worked out in this room at 0515 in the morning (yeah used to be motivated!) but never seen more than about 2-3 other folks in there.  Well, hit it at about 1PM today, a Sunday, and it was packed!  Awesome, as everyone was working hard, no hanging out.

Yeah, since I've reset my Stronglifts 5x5 yet again I was moving the least weight, but got the workout done and on my way.  Hope to get back in there again this week at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment