Amazon Banner

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The obligatory "Dost thou even hoist" post

At long last I "went to the bar" today.  No not a drinking establishment-the 45# olympic bar on a squat rack.  I had to reset the Stronglifts 5x5 back to the empty bar for squats and bench presses since it has been so long.  But I cheated on deadlifts, since a friend and I had been talking trash on Facebook yesterday.  I did singles to see how much I could still pull, or correctly in the meme wars, hoist.

I hoisted 250 for 1 rep without too much drama and decided to stop there.  Wanted to get a baseline but not tweak anything my first day back.  I've made pretty good progress in the past on Stronglifts 5x5 and read other powerlifting guides/pdf's plus looked at other workouts.  I think a modified 5x5 (need a bit more rest than three constantly increasing workouts a week allows at this point of my life) should show some nice gains.  The goal is to hoist 405# from the floor by Christmas and keep going to a 1000# powerlifting series.

So in honor of today's workout and those goals, here's one of the many "dost thou hoist" type meme's:

Brother dost thou even hoist?

No comments:

Post a Comment