Amazon Banner

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New-another fitness blog, just what the world needs!

After getting my biker blog up and running, I've started a health and fitness blog.  I do a bit of informal personal training and coaching, and want to capture my ideas and open them up to comment/critique.  After growing up playing a number of different sports and over 20 years of fairly consistent physical training as a Navy Diver/EOD tech, hanging out with near professional level athletes and getting to know many full-time personal trainers, I want to give back and help others achieve optimal health and fitness.

My core value and concept in my personal training is that God created our bodies and this world to work together well.  Often we make fitness and health too complicated.  While I will expand on the concept in later posts, here's one sentence to get you started:  Eat foods as close to how God made them as possible, and use/train your body as close to the full range of motion and capacity God gave you.

Have a great day, and a great workout!

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Biking and running are great cardio exercises to burn calories, regulate metabolism and to lose weight. Besides cardio exercises one must focus in diet plan also and have fresh fruits and vegetables more in their diet plans.
    san antonio personal trainer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment-the basics are, well, pretty basic aren't they?

    ReplyDelete