Amazon Banner

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Back into gym with last stages of a cold

I've gotten my semi-annual cold and seem to be into the second week of symptoms.  Normally my colds are fairly textbook-come on over a day or two, one pretty bad week, a few days of good and bad moments, then two or three days flushing everything out.  Today marks day 8 and I am feeling more energetic and "real" than I have in about a week, so it's time to get back in the gym.  Of course the temptation is to do way too much, so the old adage from a Corpsman at Dive School will apply.  He had a great saying, "Too much can-do can do you in"!  I sure don't want to drive this cold down into my lungs, or wear myself out where I can't finish recovering.  So I'll probably stretch really well, do some light calisthenics like short sets of push-ups, PVC pipe squats and crunches and then spin the bike easy for a while.  Just something to keep the blood flowing and the flexibility up without taking two weeks off.  And I'll accumulate a few more points for the Presidential Fitness Challenge to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment