Amazon Banner

Friday, September 19, 2014

Just get it done

I love quick workouts!  Yeah, sometimes it's relaxing to do some sort of long slow distance workout, or have a long weights session with plenty of rest and stretching between exercises.  But sometimes I just have to get into the gym, get the workout done, and get out of there.

Today was one of those days.  While my schedule isn't hectic today, I wanted to have a short but productive workout and I did.  A quick warm-up and then right into a modified 5x5 workout that did the job.  Here it is:

5x5 Squats.  Not much weight as I'm starting back, but deep!  Nearly ATG

1 Set 5 Thrusters with wooden strongman style log-Mainly for fun/beast mode.  Slater's Hardware log, somewhere between 60-100 pounds

4x5 Military Presses w/ just Olympic bar.  Rebuilding after a shoulder injury.

Then a quick 500m row and done.

Probably 25 minutes total, full body workout and 3rd workout this trip.  Getting back after it!

BTW Taylor Morris FINALLY proposed to his girlfriend and they probably worked out today.  What;s your excuse?  It's invalid, go lift!

No comments:

Post a Comment