Amazon Banner

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Fitness goals and challenges-here's a couple if you need one!

I've found that a little friendly competition or a challenge helps motivate me from time to time.  Are you the same way?

A few years ago, I discovered John Stone Fitness and the forums at the website www.johnstonefitness.com  While not as active as it used to be, it's still a good resource.  One challenge I signed up for was the 1,000,000 push-up challenge.  Well, these challenge is a great example of how big a number 1,000,000 actually is-especially with only a few of us posting push-up counts at a time!  The thread is here and we're kind of stuck in the 160,000 range.  Anyone interested in helping can either sign up at the John Stone Fitness forums, or post your counts here in the comments.

Despite the slow progress on that thread, I decided to jump right in and start a new challenge-Tire Flips!  I haven't done any tire flips in far too long, and love the raw powerful feel they give me.  Like most "strongman" movements, there is something primal about lifting, pushing, flipping, or throwing something different than traditional exercise equipment!  Do you do tire flips?  Are you looking to do your first tire flip?  Then help me out on the challenge here!  I set this one much lower-it's only a 1,000 tire flip challenge, so if I do 10 a week I can complete this one by myself in two years-but it would be fun to have some help!

What are your goals and challenges going into 2015?  Let's work on them together-

No comments:

Post a Comment