Amazon Banner

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Workout of the Day

I'm back after not posting for far too long.

Both to track my workouts and maybe motivate others, I'm going to try to consistently post my daily workouts, random thoughts and motivation more consistently to the blog.  Here's today's workout, if you could call it that:

Rest.  Got lots of sleep last night and aim for more tonight after previous two nights not getting much sleep.

Foam rolling and stretching on a recovery day.

Yep, not a hard workout day at all!  Yesterday I pushed the weights up on my Stronglifts 5x5 plan I restarted about three months ago.  As recounted in other posts I had a nasty back spasm in October and started back with just the bar.  Tomorrow I plan on squatting 150 for 5x5, pressing 80 and deadlifting 205, so the poundages are starting to get back up to being work sets not just form/flexibility work.

Here's a motivational video I found on YouTube today.  Focused on lifting and lifting heavy, so if that's your thing you'll probably get it.  If you are seeking motivation for sticking with it, discipline and figuring out how you should train regardless of your favorite modality, you should also like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuS1djkKhg0

See you at "the bar" tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment