Amazon Banner

Monday, November 24, 2014

Keeping Goals in Perspective/Reality

I've posted frequently about my effort toward the Presidential Fitness Champion awards.  With Silver still 20% away, then Gold and 1,000,000 points to the Platinum award, this is going to take a long time.  At the same time I'm contributing to the John Stone Fitness Forum 1,000,000 push-up challenge.  You would think that challenge wouldn't take long.  Even as a weightlifting, power-lifting and bodybuilding forum where most folks lift weights instead of doing calisthenics and body weight exercises some push-ups have to be done as warm-ups and cool-downs.  The real problem seems to be the short duration of posters keeping track of their push-ups and logging them.  Inconsistency is also a problem-I know I don't log in often enough and add the few push-ups I do.  The 1 million push-up thread has been languishing just over 160,000 push-ups for a long time-only 1/6th of the way to the goal.

This is pretty bad.  With 844,000 push-ups to go this might never get done.  But it wouldn't be hard if a few folks that consistently do push-ups jumped on board.  Imagine a handful of people that did 25-50 push-ups a day tracking their effort and posting.  5,000 push-ups a month would make some progress.  That would still only be 60,000 push-ups a year-so 14 more years!

I'll have my Platinum award by then. Nothing like big goals....

No comments:

Post a Comment