Amazon Banner

Monday, February 6, 2017

"Rowing" Nowhere Fast

Updating the blog tonight to log today's workout and mention the latest rowing challenge on the Concept2 website.

I rowed for the first time in February today.  I'm up to 20 minute rows for one rowing workout, besides some technique and speed workouts.  I started fairly easily today but kept picking it up and realized I could average 1000m for 5 minutes with some hard but not extreme effort for most the second ten minutes.  When I got to 18 minutes, I knew 4K was in reach, and put in a bigger effort for the last minute.  The distance on the display passed 4000 meters with a few seconds to spare, so I let the machine coast down with a total of 4012 meters at 20 minutes and a few more meters as my "shell" coasted nowhere!

I logged my meters on the Concept2 website and then checked the Military Challenge, the February event on their page.  I am on the US Navy Veterans team, one of the Navy teams that rolls up for our total.  The overall U. S. Navy total is in second to the Army, who already has a pretty big lead.  They do have 40 more rowers, and our team has a higher average per rower, so there may be some hope in catching them.  If you are a Navy sailor or veteran and row, please consider joining our team!

No comments:

Post a Comment