Amazon Banner

Friday, September 20, 2013

If you can't get a workout in, at least be active!

This week has marked a high point-my first weightlifting session in far too long, but also a setback when the next visit to the gym was missed due to work hours getting in the way the day I was on the base and had my gym gear.

But the weird events you can log on the Presidential Champions Challenge fitness tracker reminded me that activity counts even when you can't work out.  The last two days I've bought lumber we needed for a fencing project.  "Lifting/Hauling" is a category on the fitness challenge, and while not as focused as a work-out, loading and unloading lumber uses whole body muscle chains, flexibility and a small amount of endurance.  I wish I could have layered a quick 5x5 lifting session on top of the "lifting/hauling" yesterday, but I did something, which is a step in the right direction!

BTW I'm now up to just over 21,000 points.  That puts me on the "positive" side of halfway to the first award, and a whopping 2.1% toward Platinum (1 million points).

Are you progressing toward your goals, even if in baby steps?  Forward momentum is better than nothing, even if you are "resting hard"!

No comments:

Post a Comment