Amazon Banner

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Great value and utility in a Nashbar floor pump.


Many years ago I bought a Bike Nashbar two headed floor pump.  It can pump inner tubes having either a Presta or Schrader valve stem, which comes in handy if you have both a road bike and a MTB bike.  This also is a nice feature if you have kids with bicycles, as most kid’s bikes come with Schrader valve stems on their tubes too.  I’m guessing I bought this pump as many as twelve years ago because that was about the time I bought my current road bike and was spending a great deal of time riding and working on bicycles.


The floor pump is well made.  While not very fancy, it has all the features needed for a basic floor plump.  The analog dial gauge is reasonably accurate and has a bezel you can turn to the pressure you intend to pump the inner tube up to.  The dial is marked off in 2 PSI increments, which is accurate enough for most bicyclists.
The best fact about this pump?  While my version is no longer available, Bike Nashbar has an updated floor pump available for $19.95 plus S&H, which is a great deal.  I would bet this pump is just as good as the one I have, which has lasted me many years.   While this pump is not specifically on sale, there are always pretty good offers on the Nashbar website, like free shipping days if you make a minimum purchase, bargain bin sales and other opportunities to get good gear at even better prices.  Click on the Nashbar link on this page to visit Nashbar via my affiliate marketing link to browse the huge variety of items and find what you like besides getting one of these floor pumps.

 Enjoy riding!
“This post was created in partnership with eAccountable.  All opinions are my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment