Amazon Banner

Saturday, November 16, 2013

The importance of smells to a good diet

Today I am flying back from Anchorage Alaska to San Diego.  My gate was right across from the terminal McDonalds.  My flight was right at the beginning of the lunch rush, so they had transitioned from breakfast items and quickly made lots of lunch items-burger patties and fries mainly.

Well, the smell had filled the whole gate area, and since it is constantly below freezing in Anchorage already the heat was blasting in the terminal.  All this combined to have a heavy fatty, nearly rancid smell completely dominating the gate area.  I will admit to eating at McDonalds occassionally (I especially like their coffee) but the smell today almost made me nauseous.  I have noticed certain fast food restaurant "smells" before from the days working for Taco Bell and many years of bicycling and motorcycling, however, this was way worse.

Comparing this smell and feelings it created to the smells of fresh fruit or vegetables, a high-quality piece of meat or fish cooking, or freshly baked wholesome bread and it should be apparent what I need to eat more of!

No comments:

Post a Comment