Amazon Banner

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Quick post-tried a new variety of sweet potato today

Today Poway had its weekly farmer's market and I had the chance to walk through it.  There are some favorite booths-the hummus stands, the "Bitchin' Sauce" made with almonds, the coffee stand and lots of others.  One place specialized in sweet potatoes!  Oh yeah.  Well, he advertised a white sweet potato I had heard of but had forgotten about and never have tried.  The variety is called O'Henry.  While they look like a light regular potato, they are sweet potatoes, just not the usual dark skin and orange flesh.

So I had to get one, and microwaved it as part of my supper.  I also had some English peas and left over chicken skewer.  Let me tell you-the O'Henry potato was great with some real butter on it!  I'll be picking more up next week if I can't find them at local groceries this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment