Amazon Banner

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Active weekend and row today

Friday I did a lot of walking around and some pretty physical work on my motorcycle (breaking bolts free, lifting tires and wheels, etc.), and yesterday I helped a buddy load his trailer for a Navy move.  So those really weren't "rest days" although Friday wasn't too bad.

Today I was the security rover at church so was on my feet most the morning.  After lunch I went to the base gym at MCAS Miramar for a rowing workout.  I'm part of the team challenge on the Concept 2 website, and also using rowing as a new aerobic activity to get back in shape.  Today I did a five minute warm-up, then after a short break did two ten-minute rows.  Pretty good pace and form, and then did a cool-down/technique session to get to 5000 meters.  Maybe not what some of my friends who used to row crew could do, but a pretty good amount as I build my endurance back up.

Probably lift tomorrow, then take Tuesday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment