Amazon Banner

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Today's Workout and a twinge-uh oh

Ok, a quick post to keep blogging momentum before bed.  Rest is important too, you know!

Hit the gym after work and got a 5 minute row in as a warm-up on the only working Concept 2 rower.  The older one (I think) has been out of order for two weeks now, so I'm going to ask what the hold-up is as it's impacted workouts twice already.  Considering the rower I used has 4.5M meters rowed on it, these get a good bit of use, so having two operational would be nice.

I then stretched a bit, including broom handle shoulder flexibility work and squats.  I'm tight in my hip flexors and need yoga class tomorrow!

Off to the squat rack for 5x5 squats at 75 pounds.  Fortunately the only guy using it was finishing up-he was working with 245 or so, so working in would not have worked.  During set two my inner hamstrings "twinged" but I got through the sets.  They are sore tonight-so I'm wondering how they will feel tomorrow.

I also had bench presses today, so over to the bench for 60 pound BPs.  Instead of 5x5 I did 1x5 and 2x10 to get through the workout as it was getting late.  I'm just working back up the poundages, so deviation from strict 5x5 works for me at these weights.

Time to hydrate and rest, and see how these legs feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment