Amazon Banner

Sunday, January 1, 2017

One Day, One Workout into 2017

Happy New Year's!

Yes, I went to the gym already this year-No, I'm not one of those New Year's Resolution is the only reason I'm here workout folks!

I have been enjoying life since Thanksgiving, getting some workouts in, but also knowing I had a run of Thanksgiving, company National Training Camp/Gala and then Christmas and New Year's all happening in about 7 weeks.  So I purposefully dropped a little weight in October and early November and started ramping back up the workouts a few weeks ago as I hit my "Target and No More Weight" in the 187 range.  My "walking around" weight when not lifting heavily is about 182, so five pounds on the scale and the "mirror test" told me it was time to get back after it.  Plus I have noticed my raw strength and aerobic endurance are worse than they have been in years.

So I'm doing a modified Stronglifts 5x5 plan (less frequency), yoga and have started rowing.  The yoga instructor is also a personal training at the gym on the base where I work, and she gave me some technique tips.  I've done a couple of easy rows focusing on technique but also getting some work in.  BTW rowing uses your abs much more than you would think-I'm guessing for the recovery and forward slide portion.  I'll focus on them during my short rowing warm-up before lifting tomorrow AM.

Here's to your fitness and health in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment