Amazon Banner

Friday, January 20, 2017

Twinge was a mild injury, but still after it

OK just a quick post to keep the blog going, and progress toward my writing goal for 2017.

The twinge lifting a few days ago, plus sitting a bit too much at work (stupid-as they provide stand-up desks!) resulted in sore legs and very very tight hip flexors.  Probably rowing lots after not rowing for years also is contributing, so other than a short row yesterday, I'm taking off until Sunday on the rower.

Yesterday I did the base yoga class with Grace-she's an awesome instructor and sequences the classes from vigorous flow to almost Yin Yoga.  Even the more vigorous classes are far from power or "hot" yoga, which is good for me right now.  Yesterday's class was more a Yin type class-the second half was all sitting or lying on our mats and the half pigeon poses were held for a long time, then we went to vinyasana.  No snoring-that almost happened today!  Afterwards I got the rower (the other one is still OOC.  Boo) and was going to do an easy 5 minutes.  Well, I was keeping a nice low pace of 22-24 strokes a minute, but piling up the meters.  1000 meters was doable, so at 4 minutes I put in a hard 30 seconds and got the goal distance over 1000.  Easing off I finished with 1005 meters which I logged for the Concept 2 Virtual Challenge.  I'm on the U.S. Navy team, and my entry put us a few meters ahead of the Royal Navy team, but they surged ahead today.

Today I did Grace's lunchtime class.  While a bit harder, it wasn't a tough class, and I heard her talking with another student that she programmed an easy week and will ramp it up some next week.  The way my shoulder feels, I have mixed feelings about missing most the classes next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment