Amazon Banner

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Today's workout and What a Difference A Day Makes

Just a quick post with today's workout and a note about my back hurting in different areas but better today.

Finished up the month long Virtual Challenge on the Concept 2 rower website with a 3770 meter row in 20 minutes.  Then hustled to yoga class which was good-Grace does a good job mixing static poses like plank and side plank with some flow and some holding poses long enough for us older participants to get some stretch.  Plus the consistent yoga classes for over a year now seem to have helped my focus and "monkey mind".

OK, on to my back pains, which might help others that deal with similar stuff.  Sunday I had a sharp pain in my upper middle back, which was helped by some foam roller work.  Then yesterday my lower right side of my back hurt.  I did some weed pulling in the back yard, and made sure to squat deeply instead of bend at the waist.  Plus I varied sitting and standing at work today, then the yoga class.  Everything feels pretty good right now.

To bed soon-rest is an important part of fitness too.

No comments:

Post a Comment