Amazon Banner

Monday, January 2, 2017

Today's workout and not so good diet

Hit the base gym this morning, after a stop at my new favorite Mom and Pop donut shop.  Cool sidebar-there were three old vets at the small breakfast bar they have there.  Two were wearing WW II ballcaps, and one a Viet Nam cap, although he was only 5 years younger (as in late 80s!).  So if they survived 5 wars including one being in a German POW camp and the other being at Anzio and the Battle of the Bulge and eat donuts in their 80s/90s, I've got that going for me!

Rowed 500M as a warmup with some stretches and push-ups, then the next 5x5 workout.  Big crowd around benches, so I substituted 25x2 dumbbell presses instead of traditional bench press.  Then did another 1000M row instead of a "pull" exercise.  One thing I realize tonight is how non-ambidextrous I am-all this rowing in the past week has my left bicep really sore while my right (dominant) arm is basically ok.  So the rowing as an addition to my normal workout activities will probably be a good balancing aspect.

That's it for tonight.  Yoga class tomorrow, needed after lots of walking Saturday and workouts yesterday and today.

No comments:

Post a Comment