Amazon Banner

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Workout of the Day or Daily Workout 5 Feb 2015

Got my Stronglifts 5x5 workout of the day in today shortly after lunch.  Was pretty sore and tired all morning as I laid around the hotel room too much yesterday or sat with poor posture.  I also probably should be doing more stretching and foam roller work.

Here's today's workout:

Warm-up including faster than normal shoulder rotations with a PVC pipe.  Probably keeps those in.
Squat-empty bar x5 warm-up, 135x5 warm-up, 150x5x5 work sets
Press-empty bar x5 warm-up, 80x5x5 work sets
Deadlift 135x5 Sumo warm-up/test, 185x3 warm-up, 205x5 work set

Happy with getting all three exercises in as I was pressed for time but also wanted to wait AT LEAST one minute between sets.  Fortunately gym was empty after squats so I could set up next lift during rest.  Know I'll need more rest per sets as poundages continue to increase 5#/10# per workout.

Very happy the press went up fairly easily.  I normally stall between 90 and 100 the first time back on Stronglifts 5x5 and am older with a gimpy right shoulder this go-round.

Last time I was on this base I accidentally did 205x5 for deadlift when I should have been at 165 (shame on me not keeping a log or blogging!).  So I dropped down to 165 with the goal of pulling 205x5 today when I returned.  Much easier this time.  Keeping on adding 10# per deadlift workout and mixing in some sumo style pulls for variety and better strength gains.

Tomorrow is rest, stretching and foam rolling.  Probably will wait until Monday for my next workout-a bit long of a break but fits with my travel plans next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment