Amazon Banner

Monday, February 23, 2015

Recent daily workouts and rest days

It's been a little while since I posted as either the WiFi I was on Thursday or the Adsense dashboard gave me some malware.  It's cleaned off that computer now.

I've had some pretty good workouts since getting back into the gym after my cold.  The daily workout is still based on the Stronglifts 5x5 program as I build back up.  I have been squatting pretty well and did 145 pounds 5x5 Saturday with 80 pound presses (as high as I've gotten this cycle) and 100 pound barbell rows.  Bench is also at 80 and ready to go up maybe by 10 pounds and deadlifts are at 185.  I pulled 205 too early, reset and got back up to an easy 205 5 rep set right before getting sick.

Yesterday was a rest day as is today.  Tomorrow I get 150 5x5 in squats again (back to the highest this cycle) bench either 85 or 90 and deadlift 195.  Should be a good workout.  Some sites critique Stronglifts 5x5 since 5 work sets of constantly increasing weight may quickly become over-work and cause an early "miss" and recommend warming up, then 1 work set at about 60%, then one at 80% and then the final 3x5 at full, five pound increasing weight since you are squatting three times a week on SL 5x5.  Since I've only gotten close to "missing" on the squats once on SL 5x5 before getting interrupted, I'll keep that in mind as the poundage gets up around body weight.  I am noticing recovery takes longer each year now.  I guess that's because I'm a more mature, wiser (OK older!) lifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment